The desire for maximum transparency of high span walls (e.g. for atria, airports, exhibition halls, convention centers, museums) is largely satisfied by steel-glass structures.
For this type of construction, the load bearing structures are lightweight, slender geometrical forms with good load characteristics.
Precisely fabricated steel components (standard or customized profiles in mild steel or stainless steel) allow for direct fixing of the glass units to the steel structure avoiding secondary aluminum frameworks.
Excellent visual lightness is the result of this design concept and optimized material usage.
Additional features and requirements for steel façades are for example:
- Fixed or adjustable exterior and interior solar control systems (e.g. awnings, brise-soleils, venetian blinds, fabric screens)
- Various in house developed operable windows or flaps
for natural ventilation, manually operated or motorized
- Bomb blast, burglary resistant and bullet proof solutions
- Integration of electric cabling or sprinkler systems
- Integration of heating and cooling (refer to GARTNER Integrated Steel Façade)